The World of Warcraft Shadowlands Scourge Invasion pre-patch event is now live!
You can play it now with new questlines tying to the Shadowlands story, zombie invasions in capital cities, familiar bosses in Icecrown that drop catch-up epics for alts, and the return of Nathanos Blightcaller.
World Of Warcraft
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massive, multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the fourth released game set in the Warcraft fantasy universe.
World of Warcraft was the world’s most popular MMORPG by a player count of nearly 10 million in 2009. The game had a total of over a hundred million registered accounts by 2014. By 2017, the game had grossed over $9.23 billion in revenue, making it one of the highest-grossing video game franchises of all time.
As with other MMORPGs, players control a character avatar within a game world in third or first-person view, exploring the landscape, fighting various monsters, completing quests, and interacting with non-player characters (NPCs) or other players.
World Of Warcraft Expansions
There are a total of three WOW expansions namely Classic, Battle for Azeroth, and their newest expansion called Shadowlands.
The Scourge invade once again during the Shadowlands pre-patch event and we are here to explain everything new in the event, including a new questline tying into the Shadowlands story.
Capital City Invasions
Scourge invasion events are happening in the capital cities of Stormwind City and Orgrimmar. Zombies are infecting players and you can either find an Argent Healer or succumb to the infection and become a zombie.
Zombies become hostile to both Horde and Alliance and can communicate between themselves, and have 5 attacks:
- Mangle! (standard melee attack that applies damage taken debuff)
- Retch! (throws bile on the floor that reduces movement speed)
- Beckoning Groan (beckons zombies to fight with you)
- Lurch! (increases the movement speed of yourself and other nearby zombies)
- Zombie Explosion! (explodes your own corpse, killing you and dealing high damage to enemies in the area)
Fresh recruits from Exile’s Reach are granted the debuff New Recruit, which renders Exile’s Reach recruits immune to zombie bites and blight effects.
Many pre-patch activities are centered around Icecrown, including world bosses, dailies, and the second part of the Death Rising questline. Icecrown itself has changed and as a result, you cannot do Argent Tournament dailies during the pre-patch event quests.
This two-part Scourge event comes as part of the pre-expansion content update introduced last month, which features:
- Revamped leveling experience taking players to the new level cap of 50, which will increase to level 60 in Shadowlands.
- Exile’s Reach, a complete overhaul of WoW’s new player experience with its own epic story and introducing new and returning players to the game’s core elements.
- Hundreds of new character customization options.
- Item and stat level adjustments to support the new level adjustments.
This event is a preparation for the Shadowlands expansion. It launches on November 24!
If you like this post and want to know more about Gaming follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please Wait ...