Liway movie 2018 starring Glaiza de Castro starts showing tomorrow, October 10! And we’re super excited about this film because like Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral, it’s another movie based on a true story. Or better yet, historical events.
This Liway movie is about a teacher, a freedom fighter, a mother. Based on the true story of Ma. Cecilia Flores-Oebanda, also known as Commander Liway in the film, this movie will give you the feels. And these feels won’t only be ’cause of a romantic love, like other films we’ve featured before. These feels are ones that are a bit stronger—these feels are for the love of country and freedom.
And we think this is what we all need to see and feel right now.
Get the movie times of its premiere date with us! We have the Liway movie schedules for October 10, 2018 for you down below!
Want a taste of what we’re talking about? Here’s the full trailer of the film, which will give you goosebumps!
Minsan, ang batas ay walang hustisya.
Minsan, ang sistem ay mapang-api.
Ang gusto ko lang naman ya hindi mawalang ng pag-asa…
Pero hindi ko ‘to kayang gawin na mag-isa.
Kailangan ko ng tulong.
Hindi naman magtatagal ang kadiliman.
Directed by Kip Oebanda this film stars Glaiza de Castro as Liway, with Dominic Roco, Soliman Cruz, Khalil Ramos, Sue Prado, Joel Saracho, Nico Antonio, and introducing Kenken Nuyad as Liway’s son.
If you noticed in the trailer, the child asks his mother why she keeps saying that “Liway” is a diwata or fairy. He then mentions that the Liway his mother kept mentioning was in fact her.
And this might be a bit confusing, but that’s actually because this story is about a mother trying to protect her son from the harsh realities of the world they lived in. She was protecting from the unkind truths of Martial Law.
And we just cannot wait to discuss this movie with you soon! So here’s another clip from the film while we wait for its nationwide premier.
Another thing you must know is that this 2018 film is the winner of the Audience Choice and Special Jury Commendation awards, and is also record-breaking highest grossing Cinemalaya film of all time! Needless to say, this is definitely on our must-watch list.
And though there’s no solid news on its OST yet, you can add the movie’s Martial Law #HUGOT playlist which you can find here.
For everyone who’s planning to catch this movie on its NATIONWIDE premiere, The Liway movie Facebook page provides us a list for it right here:
And as promised, we got the schedule details and show times for viewers in the metro right here!
- Ayala Fairview Terraces Cinema 2 – 4PM, 9:15PM
- Ayala Malls Circuit Cinema 3 – 1:35PM, 6:45PM
- Ayala Malls Cloverleaf Cinema 2 – 4:10PM, 8:50PM
- Ayala Malls Feliz Cinema 4 – 1:35PM, 6:35PM
- Ayala Malls South Park Cinema 4 – 1:00PM, 6:00PM
- Gateway Cineplex 4 – 2:40PM, 7:25PM
- Glorietta 4 Cinema 7 – 2:55PM, 7:45PM
- Market! Market! Cinema 7 – 12:00 PM , 4:45 PM, 9:30 PM
- TriNoma Mall Cinema 2 – 11:55 AM, 5:05 PM, 10:25 PM
GREENHILLS THEATER MALL
- Greenhills Theater Mall Cinema 2 – 1:30 PM, 4:10 PM, 6:50 PM, 9:30 PM
- Robinsons Galleria Ortigas Cinema 3 – 11:10 AM, 1:20 PM, 3:30 PM, 5:40 PM, 7:50 PM, 10:00 PM
- Robinsons Manila Place Cinema 7 (Pedro Gil) – 1:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 10:00 PM
- Robinsons Metro East Cinema 8 – 2:10 PM, 6:50 PM
- SM City BF Parañaque Director’s Club 2 – 11:20 AM, 1:35 PM
- SM City East Ortigas Digital Cinema 2 – 1:00 PM, 6:30 PM
- SM City Fairview Cinema 10 – 12:30 PM, 5:30 PM
- SM City Manila Cinema 11 – 12:45 PM, 3:25 PM, 6:05 PM, 8:45 PM
- SM City North EDSA Cinema 11 – 11:40 AM, 2:00 PM, 4:40 PM, 7:15 PM, 9:45 PM
- SM City Sta. Mesa Cinema 10 – 1:45 PM, 4:10 PM, 6:35 PM, 9:00 PM
- SM Mall of Asia Cinema 3 – 11:50 AM, 5:15 PM
- SM Megamall Cinema 5 – 12:15 PM, 2:45 PM, 5:15 PM, 7:45 PM, 10:15 PM
- SM San Lazaro Cinema 2 – 1:10 PM, 6:40 PM
- SM Southmall Cinema 8 – 11:30 AM, 1:50 PM
And for those who want to catch it this weekend, be sure to come back here for more details!
How about you? Will you be watching Liway movie 2018 in theaters? Let us know in the comment section below. Or better yet, send us a message on Facebook and Twitter @UDoUPh. We’d love to discuss this movie with you!